Ad Stars has welcomed John Mescall of McCann Worldgroup and Gabriela Scardaccione of Mother to this year’s Executive Jury. Mescall will oversee the Film and Video Stars categories and Scardaccione the Design and Print categories.
“I’m excited to join the AD STARS jury,” said Mescall.
“It’s a global festival that’s based in a corner of the globe that’s renowned for innovation, technology, and culture, and I’m curious to discover ideas I’ve never imagined from creators I’ve never encountered before.”
The two join Dentsu Mcgarrybowen’s Merlee Jayme, Impact BBDO’s Ali Rez and Publicis Groupe’s Natalie Lam on this year’s Executive Jury.
“I’ve heard that AD STARS is different from other awards shows – the festival has an interesting purpose and seems committed to supporting creatives by offering an awards platform that’s free to enter,” added Scardaccione.
“I’m sincerely looking forward to experiencing the show for myself, it’s an honour to join the 2021 Executive Jury.”
Ad Stars has also released its complete lineup of Final Judges:
Film & Video Stars Jury:
- John Mescall, Global Executive Creative Director and Global Creative Council President, McCann Worldgroup, USA (Executive Judge)
- Yukyung Joo, Creative Director, Innocean Worldwide, Korea
- Kazuhide Adachi, Creative Director at Dentsu Inc., Japan
- Rajay Singh, Co-Founder/Director, Directors Think Tank, Malaysia
- Remy Aboukrat, Creative Director, Marcel Worldwide, France
- Jin Yang, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett Taiwan
- Tista Sen, Regional Creative Director, South Asia at Wunderman Thompson, India
- Frederico Roberto, Executive Creative Director, Interweave Agency, UK
Design & Print Jury
- Gabriela Scardaccione, Global Creative Director, Mother, UK (Executive Judge)
- Sompat Trisadikun, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Group Thailand
- Ana Noriega, Chief Creative Officer, FCB México
- Syeda Ayesha Ikram, Executive Creative Director, BBDO Indonesia
- Christie Cooper, Creative Director, DDB Aotearoa, New Zealand
- Ricardo Adolfo, Executive Creative Director, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Japan
- Sheng Jin Ang, Executive Creative Director, MullenLowe Singapore
- Jody Xiong, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, The Nine, China
Diverse Insights, Outdoor, Public Service Advertising, Pivot, Place Brand, Radio & Audio Jury
- Ali Rez, Regional Executive Creative Director, Impact BBDO, United Arab Emirates
- Rebecca Carrasco, Principal, MADEBY-AND, Australia
- Herbert Hernandez, Creative Partner, GIGIL, Philippines
- Juliana Paracencio, Global Creative Director, Ogilvy UK
- Ruchi Sharma, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, HumanSense, Sri Lanka
- Shota Hatanaka, Creative Director, Hakuhodo Kettle, Japan
- Florence Ng, Creative Director, AKQA, China
- HSAd, Korea (TBC)
Interactive, Integrated, Innovation, Mobile, Data Insights, Social & Influencer Jury
- Natalie Lam, Chief Creative Officer, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa at Publicis Groupe, Hong Kong (Executive Judge)
- Sue Lee, Executive Digital Planning Director, TWBA Korea
- Alfred Wee, Group Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup, Singapore
- Breno Cotta, Chief Creative Officer, MoveDesign Vietnam
- Jason Romeyko, Worldwide Executive Creative Director, Serviceplan International, Germany
- Aste Gutiérrez, Creative Director / Writer, Droga5 USA
- Kimmy Liu, Executive Creative Director, Cheil Pengtai, China
- Seamus Higgins, VP Chief Creative Officer APAC, R/GA, Australia
Brand Experience & Activation, Creative eCommerce, Direct, Media, PR Jury
- Merlee Jayme, Global President / Chairmom, Dentsu Mcgarrybowen / dentsu jayme Syfu (Executive Judge)
- Jamal Hamidi, Managing Director, Creative and Content, DDB Group Hong Kong
- Youngki Hong, Show Lead Producer, Cheil Worldwide, Korea
- Akae Wang, Executive Creative Director, Tencent, China
- Nkgabiseng Motau, Co-Founder / Chief Creative Officer, Think Creative Africa, South Africa
- Andrea Siqueira, Creative VP, BETC HAVAS São Paulo, Brazil
- Vincent Osmond, Creative Director, Special Group Sydney, Australia
- Erick Rosa, Chief Creative Officer, Beacon Communications, Publicis Groupe Japan
The awards show is welcoming entries free of charge until June 15th, the final deadline extension before the Preliminary Jury – made up of over 240 creative professionals globally – will vote on this year’s finalists.
A shortlist will be announced on July 16th, after which the Final Jury will select this year’s winners.
The 2021 Online Festival will run from August 25th to 27th, and all winners will be announced on the 27th.
To enter, visit www.adstars.org